Monday, April 19, 2010

Quick and late update

Because I was exhausted all last week, and feeling really punk, I went in to see Dr. Muler on Friday. He has pulled me off the week three infusion/oral for now. Today I had the CT scan that was originally scheduled for next week. I will see the Doc again this Friday to look at the results and reevaluate my treatment schedule. If you know the routine with this type of treatment, it is common for Chemo to become less effective over time--it has been five months for me. Will let you know the results as they are available.

We hope to see the Kahle modelers this week. The painting and all the other little changes are complete now. Only the bathrooms and carpet remain. We have scheduled the big "Guy Tool Sale" for May 1. We would hope to move into the Condo early in May so that we can finish disposing of the "stuff" in 742 well in advance of the June 1 possession date.

2 comments:

  1. Always look forward to your news - good, bad, exciting, sobering. Your candor and humor add to the pleasure of reading this blog. It is amazing to me to think how much you've done these past 5 months and the attitude that you've used to get where you are. Adversity hasn't slowed you much. I'm reminded of Brian when he went through chemo. I likened him to the lion in the Wizard of Oz. Courage. You, too have exhibited much courage. Many prayers continue for you and Emily.

    And let's hope that Kahle builders are expeditious in their work AND that the tool sale goes well. Are Tim and Al (Tool Time) coming?

    It has been another beautiful day in the Columbus area. Spring itself has been wonderful. I hope admidst all the condo work you've been taking time to enjoy the colors and sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you so much Dick - doing all that you are doing and going through all that you are going through! Still praying! Hope the move to the condo goes smoothly for you and Emily!

    ReplyDelete